The Remote Control & telemetry module, as we have envisioned it thus far, will contain the following:
- Dual Axis X-Y Joystick module (one potentiometer per axis)
- Tactile Button (Momentary On)
- DS1307 I2C clock, CR1220 battery & Holder and 128K I2C EEprom memory module
- Atmega 328P-AU (Arduino Pro Mini) board
- 5v Lithium battery charger/boost board
- Lithium 18650 3.7v battery & holder
- OLED 0.96" I2C Display
- Serial IrDa board
- 433Mhz wireless receiver board
The 433Mhz radio will receive telemetry information from a Cosmoneer equipped with a 433Mhz radio transmitter. Telemetry information will appear on the OLED display.
The user can control the Cosmoneer via the joystick and button. Control information will appear on the OLED display, prior to being transmitted via Serial IrDa. Real-time control may be achievable only during direct (line-of-sight) communications, since directly controlling the CMG will most likely result in a rapid loss of control, unless limits are placed on the turn speed (angular turn rate) the CMG is allowed to impart to the Cosmoneer.
The user may also navigate through control/demo options available from the Cosmoneer via the joystick and button. The Telemote unit will poll the Cosmoneer for options before presenting them to the user.
Menu navigation will be manage by using this library:https://code.google.com/archive/p/m2tklib/